🔴 Beware of scammers! 🔴
I hope your morning has been good, mine was spent chasing down and reporting an identity theft. Turns out that someone is using my name, my alias and my illustrations, to scam people. Someone claiming to be me, apparantly "sells" commissions on at least one site (Furaffinity) which I've never heard of. I've been contacted by people via my website (which is watermarked on my works for a reason), after realizing the mail that the scammer referred to doesn't work. The scammer apparantly demands prepay, and people have contacted me in confusion after having paid money to said person. I am currently working on reporting the matter and make sure it's taken down.
Know a few things important things:
- I would not agree to do a commission without signing, and let the buyer sign a contract.
- I would not demand full prepay.
- I never refer to any other contact form than my website. For serious inquiries on comissions etc, contact me on my website. Iam not on any sites, that I haven't referred to here or on my website.
- You can always verify it's me by contacting me here, on instagram (where I'm the most active) or via my website, if you're unsure about "my" profile on some site.
- Use paypal when buying comissions. Hopefully the people who got scammed this time can get their money back thanks to using that!
- Don't trust people easily. They used my name, my alias Lambidy
, they had made an entire gallery with my pictures (which they seem to have stolen from my ArtStation). And they used a mail with Lambidy in it. That was apparantly believable enough for some. But again I always ask people to contact via my website, never a personal mail.
- Use watermarks. Even better if you use a link to your portfolio or so as a watermark (that's how the people affected by this found me!). Perhaps as a QR code, or refer to some social media you're on. The important thing is that people can find you via your pictures.